Here are 15 surprising facts we’d like to share with you.
1. Light doesn’t always travel at the speed of light
The slowest recorded movement of light was 38 miles per hour.
2. 1 out of 4 creatures on earth is a beetle
You read that right. 25% of all lifeforms is a beetle of some kind.
3. The largest snowflake ever recorded was 15 inches across
In 1887, a rancher measured a snowflake that was reportedly 15 inches across and 8 inches thick.
4. The sun doesn’t set during winter for one whole month in North Cape, Norway.
This natural phenomenon is called the Midnight Sun.
5. A shrimp’s heart is in it’s head
This one doesn’t need explaining. Actually, it really does….
6. Tipping at a restaurant is considered an insult in Iceland
You’ll probably never go to Iceland, but if you do, don’t tip your waiter or waitress.
7. Forest fires spread faster uphill than downhill
Although not very surprising when you think about it, it’s still a cool fact.
8. A pound of flies contains more protein than a pound of beef
9. Nepal is the only country to not have a rectangular flag
Incase you’re wondering what it looks like, here you go.
10. The average lifespan of a taste bud is about 10 days
So long, good friends.
11. A knot is the name used for a group of toads.
Not a knot
12. Termites have been shown to consume food 2 times as fast when they’re listening to metal music.
If only they had hair.
13. A woman performed a C-section on herself
A mexican woman successfully performed a C-section on herself with a kitchen knife and some liquor.
14. Carrots aren’t good for rabbits in large quantities
The idea of rabbits and carrots going together like peanut butter and jelly apparently came from Bugs Bunny.
15. NYPD could be a huge army
If New York City were it’s own country and the NYPD was it’s army, it would have twentieth most well funded army in the world.
In order from left to right, here are our sources.