If you’re looking for good, geeky deals on stuff this Black Friday, you’re in luck. We did the work for you, scoured the Internet and found a bunch. You’re welcome.
The Microsoft Store
Time is money, which means that the best Black Friday deals are on clocks. No, wait. The best deals are the ones where you don’t have to get up at 3 am just to save ten bucks or something. These specials and more are available at the Microsoft Store and will run from the 27th until the 30th. Check these deals and more at the Microsoft Black Friday page.
- Up to $150 off the Surface Pro 3, i3 and i7.
- HP Stream 7″ tablet for $99
- Pick the Xbox One of your choice, save $70 on it and get a select free game (oh, I hope it’s Sneak King!)
- Nokia Lumia for AT&T only
- $30 off Fitbit Charge (ends Nov. 29)
Our friends at Mashable recently put together a list of what they consider the best buys of Best Buy’s upcoming Black Friday sale. You can pop over there for the full list, but here’s a number of our favorites.
- Panasonic 50″ 1080p HDTV – $199.99 (originally $549.99)
- Samsung 55″ 2160p(!) HDTV – $899.99 (originally $1,399.99)
- PlayStation 4 Grand Theft Auto V/The Last of Us bundle – $399.99 (originally $509.97)
So, yeah, Apple’s not really doing the whole discount thing – they’re leaving that up to their various third party retailer pals. After all, they don’t really need to entice people with deals to get them to come into an Apple Store. Still, they aren’t completely out of the Black Friday game altogether. Apple will be offering iTunes gift cards with select purchases. No, you can’t use the gift cards at the Apple Store, but they can be used on iTunes, iBooks and the App Store. Here are the deals (thanks to Business Insider):
- Any iPhone = $50 gift card
- Any iPad = $50 gift card
- Any Mac (excluding the Mac Pro) = $100 gift card
- iPad Touch or Nano = $25 gift card
- Apple TV = $25 gift card
- Beats headphones/speakers = $25 gift card
Yay! Video games! Gamestop will probably be one of the busier stores during the whole Black Friday flustercuck (just based on previous experience), but they’ve got some pretty good deals this year. One of the things you’ll notice about their deals is that they’re legitimately aimed at items people would buy as gifts rather than as excuse to buy themselves something (not that there’s anything wrong with that). Check out this goodness:
- Xbox One Assassin’s Creed Bundle w/ Kinect (AC IV: Black Flag & AC: Unity) – $329.99 ($100 off)
- Purchase any Xbox One system and get $30 off a 12-month Xbox Live Subscription
- Nintendo 3DS XL – Retro NES edition – $199.99
- Monopoly: Legend of Zelda edition – $39.99
- PlayStation TV – $79.99
- Wii U 32GB Super Mario 3D Bundle – $299.99
Finally, we come to Staples. Hi, Staples! Staples sells everything from PCs to tablets to printer paper to, well, staples. Here’s some of their specials that you’ll actually care about.
- Get a Kindle for $49! That’s $30 off! In-store only, valid Thanksgiving and Black Friday.
- We’d just like to point out that Staples is open on Thanksgiving. That’s weird, right?
- Amazon Fire TV for $74! Not $75! $74! That’s a $25 savings good in-store and online! Online! Buy it in your underpants!
- Apple TV is $79! Also in-store and online but ONLY on Black Friday!
There’s probably, like, a gazillion more deals out there – which you’re more than welcome to share with the rest of us in the comments below. In the meantime, have a great Thanksgiving and be safe!